Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Write

Stylomine 303 by fernanc
Stylomine 303, a photo by fernanc on Flickr.

Needed some inspiration this morning in writing a poem. So I tapped into that feeling and asked myself "What can I get inspired by?" Then I came across a quote that I love by Roald Dahl...

"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." ~~ Roald Dahl

 and the words to my poem, Write, came to mind. I'll be making the quote a permanent fixture on my blog so I can be reminded of it often.

Write
See the beauty of all that is around you,
the beauty of a bird taking flight,
a butterfly's wing,
a child's smile,
a stranger's good deed,
be inspired.

See the love that is shared,
the peace that is within and without,
the courage,
the strength,
be inspired.

see the journey of others,
the windy roads and crossroads,
the pit holes and bumps,
the wrong way streets,
and see your own.
be inspired.

Be inspired to write,
to do what you love,
to be who you are
every day.

Even when the blank page
seems to echo a sea of nothingness,
live,
love,
write.


_________________________________________________________
Jingle at Jingle Poetry has published the winners of the Perfect Poets Award for the Thursday Poets Rally - Week 43 at Promising Poet's Cafe. I invite you to stop by and take a look at the poetry of all of the award winners. I am one of them. Can you believe it? I am so happy to have been nominated and to have won. Thank you so much!


I would like to nominate a poet that I recently found on the web , JL Dodge , for Thursday Poets Rally - Week 44. Stop by her blog, Dodge Writes, and read some of her poetry. She also has some wonderful poetry prompts to get us inspired. Come take a look.

No comments: