Pages

Friday, July 22, 2011

Moondance; A Dance With the Night

photo prompt for Poets United - night time
before editing:

Moon dance

Under the night time sky,
I watch the water dance
with the light of the stars and the moon
as the sand comforts my bare feet.
 Escaping to see this beauty is happiness.

Temptation to feel the cool waters of the ocean,
to feel its joy,
overcomes me,
so I join them in their moon dance.

***************************************************************
after editing:

A Dance with the Night

Under the night time sky,
I watch the water dance
with the light of the moon and the stars
as the sand comforts my bare feet.

Temptation to feel the cool waves of the ocean,
and feel its joy, it overcomes me.

So I join in the night's starlit moon dance.
Swimming in peaceful bliss,
as I dance with the night.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Prompt Notes: Submitted to: Free Write Friday- happiness , Poets United - night time , Poetry Jam -Temptation, Friday Flash 55- fiction 55, Friday's Feast - open poetry submission, Crit Friday-  poems for critique .

Today's Music Links: the songs - Dancing in the Moonlight by King Harvest (click here to view), and
                                                   Moondance by Van Morrison (click here to view)

No comments: