Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A cento poem: The Tree

The Tree is my first attempt at a  cento poem  ( a poem crafted using lines of a poem or poems of a poet or poets).  Alone , the Rock Cries Out to us Today , Still I Rise ,  Touched by an angel , and I know why the caged bird sings are the poems of Maya Angelou that I used for it.


my tree at dusk
My tree at dusk / joiseyshowaa




The Tree


Lying, thinking
Last night
How to find my soul a home

Where water is not thirsty
And bread loaf is not stone 

I came up with one thing
And I don't believe I'm wrong .                                                                                 

                                                                                                        
I am the tree planted by the river,
Which will not be moved.
I, the rock, I the river, I the tree.                    

                                                                 
Just like moons and like suns,
With the certainty of tides,
Just like hopes springing high,

Into a daybreak that's wondrously clear
I rise.


Yet it is only love
which sets us free
in the orange sun rays
and dares to claim the sky.
                                                                       
______________________________________________


in response to We Write Poems - cento poem / Tuesday try- outs - cento poem

No comments: