Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Roadside Meadow


photo by Trey Ratcliff . found here on his website, Horses in Landscape

like curtains lifting the fog leaves
scanning the meadow we cast our eyes on
scattered clouds twisting around the mountain
and marvel at its majesty, not to would be reprehensible.

Hearing the whir of a butterfly fluttering by to greet us,
I suddenly blink and see its gilded wings,
rendering magic of its own.
A spotted horse in the meadow, stops to say hello as well.
In my head I paint a picture of the scene to remember it always.
_________________________________________________________________________
Prompt Links:
Carry on Tuesday- "In my head I paint a picture"  from the lyrics to Valerie by Amy      
                                Winehouse.  (click here to view lyrics)
Thinking of Them Thursday - Blog post Charity Link - up W7 UN Women
The Sunday Whirl:

No comments: