Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

#35


twinkle twinkle little birthday candle
Twinkle, Twinkle little birthday candle , a photo by herbrm  on flickr

Today, on my 35th birthday,
I glance at the years gone by,
the ones I fumbled through,
the ones I enjoyed.

I am grateful for all the people
who have crossed my path,
those who have stayed for a little while
and those who stayed for longer.
Grateful for friendly banters, laughs,
and time spent in their company.

Grateful for the time spent in doing what I love,
Grateful for the lessons learned
Grateful for continued blessings I have received.
Grateful for so many things.

#35, is here and it is going to be a good year.
__________________________________________________________________
Notes: Today is my birthday so I decided to break from my usual routine of writing fictional stories and poems and write this.

Prompt links: Submitted in response to the prompts of ABC Wednesday- B is for birthday and 3WW -banter, glance, fumble

Daily Music link: the song- "It was a very good year" by Frank Sinatra (click here to view)

No comments: