Pages

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

My heart's reflection


In my heart you will always be

the flame that heats the light within me,
the warm blanket that comforts me,
the shield that guards me from the nasty waters
of fears, regret, and sorrow,
the open door that welcomes me home.


In my heart you will never cease to exist

for you are always with me

in my heart, in my thoughts, and in my prayers.

-never forgotten

because you are my heart's reflection, my spirit's joy.

______________________________________________________________________________
submitted in response to the prompts of 3WW- cease, heat, nasty and ABC Wednesday -Y is for You. Also submitted to Thusday Poetry Rally- Week 47.

You may also like, the song - You and I, sung by Stevie Wonder (click here to view)
and the photo: Antelope Canyon heart of reflections, a photo by GMA Lou on Flickr.

No comments: