Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Wish

moonshine by nayski
moonshine, a photo by nayski on Flickr.
Sitting beside the old wishing well,
little I ask, my wants are few.
That you, my little one, be
always the kind bright star
you have been in youth
is all I ask
of the well
beside
me.

_______________________________________________________________________
Notes:

Prompt Links: Children's Nonnet poem submitted in response to the following prompts

carry on tuesday
"little I ask, my wants are few"
from the Oliver Wendell Holmes poem Contentment





profile One Stop Poetry: Nonnet: "In writing it involves a poem with a total of nine lines. The first line must have nine syllables, second line eight syllables, third line seven syllables and so on until you end with one syllable. It has a ABCDEFGHI or alpha numerical form, so each line is a different ending word. The corresponding syllables are 9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1" ... Read More

Gay Cannon has also announced her departure from OSP. Wishing her many blessings, thank you for all your hard work.


Jingle Poetry

Artist Links: Renee Stien ( nayski ) : Blog / Etsy Shop
You may also like... Collage, a photo by cassandra204 on Flickr.

Today's Music Link:  the song, Shine by Collective Soul (click here to view)

No comments: